A revamp of the global tax regime covering the most profitable technology giants, a potential recast of the goods and services tax (GST) slabs and continued customs duty re-calibration are among the key tax developments that will keep 2023 - 24 a hectic year for policymakers, Chief Financial Officers and tax professionals.
Tax planning has become increasingly necessary in the current environment of strong regulation. Tax professionals are faced with challenging legal and group tax compliance issues, business restructuring, and overall group tax planning. Digitalization and automation of business functions is having a major impact on the tax function which leads to more pressure from regulators to comply with evolving tax legislation.
Rationalization of GST slab structure and improving the efficiency of the indirect tax system are key agenda items before the federal indirect tax body, the GST Council, which will have a major impact on businesses and consumers in the coming year.
It will be an intense year for companies to not only understand the potential impact of the rules and the future state of taxation, but also identify, prepare and plan for the level of data that will be required to support the implementation.
Head of Tax
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd.
Head of Tax & Customs – India Centre of Excellence
SKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Pvt. Ltd.
Co-Founder & CMO
TechGAAP Pvt. Ltd.
Global Head – Tax Projects
Danfoss Power Solutions India Pvt. Ltd.
Tax Director & Head of Transfer Pricing Centre
Philips India Ltd.
Head – Indirect Taxes
Hindalco Industries Ltd.
Director – Tax
Ambuja & ACC (Adani Cements)
Senior Vice President and Global Tax Head
Associate Vice President Tax – Transfer Pricing, Finance & Accounts
Tata Communication Ltd.
NITYA Tax Associates
Rahul Prakash Barve
Executive Vice President – Finance & Taxation
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd.
VP – Finance (Direct Tax)
Vodafone Idea Ltd.
Tax Director – South Asia
Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
Country Tax Manager
Shell India Markets Pvt. Ltd.
Chief Manager – Taxation
PPG Asian Paints Pvt. Ltd.
Head of Tax
Birla Carbon India Pvt. Ltd.
Senior Tax Counsel
HDFC Bank Ltd.
Head – Taxation
VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd.
Global Head – Indirect Taxes
Tata Consultancy Services
VP & Global Tax Head
Tech Mahindra Ltd.
GABA & CO.
- Overview of recent developments in international tax in India and way ahead - 2022-23
- BEPS 2.0 and two pillar solution - Addressing the tax challenges arising from the digitalisation of the economy
- Transfer Pricing digitalization: Changing corporate income Tax with digitalization
- Outlook of indirect taxes in 2022-23 - GST's half a decade journey
- Future of Indirect tax compliance - Getting your tax strategy right
- Emerging issues in GST litigation and compliance - Discussing the strategic procedure to overcome
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- Join this summit dedicated for senior tax professional and an opportunity for discussion and exchange of ideas on recent trends
- Grab a chance to network with senior tax leaders across industry and solution providers
- An opportunity to brainstorm with senior professionals for best strategies and its practical application for effective implementation
- Identify the best methods for integrating into new systems while deriving the most tax benefits
- Identify issues and concerns needing representation to the authorities and develop a strategy for effective advocacy
- Develop a network of professionals for knowledge interchange and understand what your peers are practicing and implementing
- Map out the latest emerging strategies that will help your taxation process reach the next level
- Gain in-depth guidance on latest solutions being adopted to combat tax professionals
- Understand the specific guidelines on Transfer Pricing
- Share best practices on various aspect of corporate taxation
- Understand the best practices in managing GST litigation
- Explore the various techniques while tax planning
- Network with India's top regulatory and taxation experts
WHO WILL YOU MEET?
Functional Heads Of:
- Finance & Accounting
- Direct Tax
- Transfer Pricing
- International Tax
- Indirect Tax
- Finance Shared Services
- Financial Control